DUI Lawyers in Stuart, Florida
Throughout the United States, including Florida, the limit for operating a vehicle after drinking is .08 percent blood alcohol content. Our Stuart , Florida DUI attorney does not condone impaired driving, but we do believe those who are charged have rights that must be upheld, and that they are innocent until proven guilty.
Law enforcement officers, and the prosecutor’s office that oversees the arresting charges are only interested in punishing drivers to the fullest extent of the law — never taking into consideration whether the stop, collection procedures, or devices used were legally initiated. At The Law Office of Denise Miller, PA, our Stuart DUI lawyer has more than 20 years of experience in successfully countering prosecutors’ charges against our clients, and we can provide the same aggressive skill to your case.
What Are The Consequences of DUI Charges In The State of Florida?
It is important for all drivers to understand that a first-time DUI offense is very serious, and the consequences can be life-changing. Likewise, any additional charges, including a second, third, or fourth DUI arrest, can create significantly escalated penalties.
Whether it is your first DUI charge or your fourth, it is imperative that you hire an accomplished DUI attorney in Stuart, Florida to ensure your rights are protected at all times. Otherwise, the prosecutor’s office is going to give you the maximum penalty permitted by law, simply because they can.
The consequences of a DUI arrest and conviction in the State of Florida include:
First Time Convictions
- Fines up to $1,000
- 50 hours of community service
- Up to one-year probation
- Minimum of 180 days license revocation
- Twelve hours of DUI education classes
Second Time Convictions
- Fines up to $2,000
- Imprisonment up to nine months
Third Time Convictions
- Fines up to $5,000
- Imprisonment up to twelve months
Fourth Time Or Subsequent Convictions
- Fines up to $5,000
- License suspension for ten years to life
- Habitual/violent offender status
- Imprisonment up to five years
When the driver is operating a vehicle under the influence with a minor in the vehicle with a .08 BAC or higher OR has a blood alcohol content of .15 or higher, the punishment can also include:
- Ignition Interlock Device (IID) may be installed according to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles requirements
- Possible incarceration spans will increase significantly and may become mandatory
Other consequences can include:
- Civil liberty revocations, including the inability to purchase or possess a firearm
- Inability to obtain a passport
- Extended car impoundment periods
- Inability to pass a background check going forward
- Increased insurance premiums or complete cancellation of the current policy
- Loss of employment, or trouble finding new employment
- Loss of professional licenses or certifications
- Trouble accessing student loans
If you have been charged with a DUI, the consequences can alter your everyday life and your long-term goals. Our Stuart, Florida DUI lawyer will provide an expertly planned legal defense that will provide the best outcome available for your case.
How Can Denise Miller Defend Me Against a DUI Conviction?
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Florida, time is of the essence when hiring an Stuart DUI attorney. The immediate need is that you will only have ten days from the date of your arrest to request a court hearing to petition for a hardship license that will allow you to travel to and from work or drive for business purposes. This hearing will not be extended for any reason, and if you fail to schedule the hearing your license being suspended for six to 18 months.
Our DUI defense lawyer in Stuart, Florida will immediately take the lead in building your case, which will start by contacting the prosecutor’s office to review the arrest record, the total charges listed against you, and any supporting evidence they obtained.
Your Stuart DUI case is different than anyone else’s and your defense will be designed to increase your chances of having the charges dismissed, downgraded, or earning a victory at trial.
We will examine:
- The arresting officer’s reasonable suspicion to pull you over; including probable cause that you were violating any laws
- The arresting procedure, and whether your Miranda Rights or others were violated
- The breath test, and whether it was functioning properly at the time of use
- The breath test, and whether it was administered properly by the officer
- The blood test, where applicable, and the legality of its use
- The lab’s mishandling of your test specimen and results
Stuart DUI Attorney of Law Office Denise Miller Effectively Defend for Your Rights
Our Stuart DUI lawyer will effectively defend your rights inside and outside of the courtroom and will explain your rights, the legal process, and next steps in clear terms that provide you with the exact information you need to make informed decisions regarding the charges waged against you. With over two decades of criminal defense experience on our side, our Stuart DUI attorney will supply exceptional legal representation at every turn, so your future is not defined by your arrest.
Arrested for a DUI in Florida? Contact Stuart DUI Attorney Denise Miller Today
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Florida, do not face the prosecutor’s office alone. The state will seek the harshest penalties punishable by law, even if this is your first DUI arrest. Contact Stuart DUI Lawyers at The Law Office of Denise Miller, PA in Stuart, Florida at 772-934-6007 to receive a free case evaluation, and learn how we can help you counter the prosecutor’s charges even before your first court date arrives.
At Law Office of Denise Miller, our criminal and family law firm in Stuart, FL focuses on the following practice areas:
Family Law, including:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- DCF/Dependency cases
- Post Judgment Modifications
- Spousal Support
Criminal Defense, including: